Paul has been in public accounting for more than 15 years. Prior to that, he served in a management role at a nonprofit organization in Fort Worth. Paul brings deep experience in auditing, consulting and managing a wide variety of organizations. He has extensive experience working with federal and state grant compliance, issues related to endowment fund management, application of new accounting principles, and other areas of particular interest to nonprofit organizations.
In addition to his nonprofit focus, Paul has experience in a variety of other industries, including construction, wholesale and manufacturing, employee benefit plans, professional service firms, and other commercial entities.
Paul graduated Summa Cum Laude from Abilene Christian University before completing Master of Business Administration and Master of Professional Accounting degrees from the University of Texas at Arlington. He volunteers with a variety of nonprofit organizations, including serving on the board of directors of the Mansfield ISD Education Foundation for the past seven years, including serving as Treasurer, President and Past President.
Paul's areas of practice include:
- Agreed-upon procedures
- Federal and state grant compliance matters
- Endowment fund management and compliance
- Internal control assessments
- Accounting and internal control systems evaluation
- Accounting and internal control systems development
- Business consulting
- Due diligence
- Forensic accounting
Paul’s involvement in civic and professional associations past and present include:
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants, Fort Worth Chapter
- Mansfield ISD Education Foundation, Past President
- Mansfield Chamber of Commerce Member
- Speaker and Author for Nonprofit Issues