Brandon joined JTaylor in 2020 and specializes in state and local taxation with an emphasis on transaction taxes such as sale and use. Leveraging over 20 years of experience in indirect tax expertise, he has represented companies both large and small in a variety of industries including manufacturing, energy, defense, hospitality, healthcare and retail. During his career, Brandon has successfully recovered millions of dollars in erroneously assessed and/or overpaid sales and use taxes directly contributing to his clients’ bottom line. In addition to refund recovery and audit defense, he has extensive experience in a myriad of state and local issues belaboring businesses including ASC 450 reviews, nexus analyses, M&A due diligence and state and local tax credits and business incentives.
Both a graduate of the University of Texas at Arlington with a Bachelor of Business Administration in Finance and a Certified Member of the Institute from the Institute of Professionals in Taxation, Brandon began his career at Ryan, LLC representing Fortune 1000 companies with state and local tax needs including audit defense and refund recovery. Prior to joining JTaylor, he served as senior manager for Deloitte Tax LLP multistate indirect tax practice group.
A licensed Certified Member of the Institute (CMI), Brandon's areas of practice include:
- Multistate Sales and Use Tax Audit Defense
- Managed Audit Representation
- Reverse Audits / Refund Studies
- Sales and Use Tax Compliance Reviews
- Sales and Use Tax Nexus Studies
- Voluntary Disclosure Agreements
- Tax Amnesty Representation
- Discretionary Tax Credits and Business Incentives
- Corporate Sales and Use Tax Training
Brandon's involvement in professional and civic organization includes:
- Institute of Professionals In Taxation
- Texas Taxpayer and Research Association